Athlon Heavy Duty Carbon Fibre Rollator | Bariatric
Carbon Fibre Technology
The Athlon HD Carbon Fibre composite rollators highlight elegance and performance. Lightweight at less than 6 kg, Athlon can be used for users up to 150 kg (Standard version) and up to 200kg (Heavy Duty version). Great balance when lifted.
This Heavy-Duty rollator is available in one style:
- Athlon HD Rollator: with TPE wheels (Thermoplastic Elastomers). TPE has excellent traction and brake performance, which means that we only need light pressure for the brakes to work.
Also, it is available in one size and colour:
Large size, Black colour
- Foldable and easy to carry: Athlon is easy to fold and stays folded with an easy-to-use locking system. Ergonomically designed handle grips make Athlon easy to transport.
- Steady and durable: The frame and seat are tested and approved for the maximum user weight of 150 kg (Standard version) and 200kg (Heavy Duty version). Light and reliable brakes with TPE-covered unbreakable wheels creates a steady and safe driving feeling.
- Sizes: The Athlon HD is available in Large size with a range of settings within this size.
- Seat heights: Heavy Duty 62 cm
- Width: the Heavy Duty version has a seat width of 55cm
- Height adjustable: Push handles height adjustable to up to 10 positions which go from 74cm to 102cm. Optimal frame design and ergonomic push handles.
- Hand grips: Ergonomically shaped hand grips adjustable to the position of the hand. Smooth operating hand brakes.
- Frame material: Carbon Fibre.
You can choose the types of wheels for your Athlon.
- TPE wheels (Thermoplastic Elastomers): TPE has excellent traction and brake performance, which means that we only need light pressure for the brakes to work. Or you can upgrade your Rollator with soft PU wheels.
- Soft PU tyres: for great comfort on uneven ground.
Benefits of the Soft PU WHeels:
- The soft composition of the tyres absorbs the resistance to rolling caused by small stones, making it easier to push,
- Trade-off – Because of the softer composition, the Parking Brake requires more effort to apply than for the Standard Composition.
- Note – please check the final brake adjustment when receiving the rollator. This can be adjusted easily by:
- loosening the Brake Cable Lock Nut with an 8 mm spanner on the Brake Assembly at the rear wheels
- adjust the gap between the tyre and the brake bar by turning the Adjustment Nut
- approximately 2 mm gap is usually enough to lock the wheel and have a reasonable force to apply the Park Brake Lever. If this is not enough, then close the gap to 1 mm. More force will be required to apply the Park Brake.
Sizes and Colours Available:
Athlon Heavy Duty Rollator (Black, Large)
Athlon HD Rollator Version
|Spec/ Size||Heavy Duty|
|Type of Wheels||TPE/ Soft PU|
|Size of the wheels (diameter x width)||200 x 35 mm|
|Body Height (guideline only)||160-200cm|
|Total height folded (lowest)||86cm|
|Handles positions||10 steps|
|Basket max. load||5kg|
- Warranty: 8-years limited
- For outdoor and indoor use
- Inclusive crutch holder and back support
- Step pedal and safety reflectors all around
- Practical removable textile shopping bag (5 kg max load)
- Athlon is CE-marked and fulfils the requirements of EU directive 93/42 EEC for medical devices.
- To check the User Manual, click here.